Work is moving along and Burning Daylight Studios is keeping me plenty busy, and is proving to be a suitable home to Daylight Weaving. I know it sounds confusing, but I really like both names, so I kept them both, on for the physical studio, and one for the business. My goal here is to try to post at least a couple times a month, so stay tuned.
Last we met, I was finishing a series twill rugs. This is just a short post as an excuse to share photos of the last in that series.
I used some random grey yarn that I had lots of, but it turned out to be rather a pain to weave with. It didn’t behave well – kept getting tangled and didn’t pack down consistently – but it did create an interesting ropy effect. And I have to admit, it took me a while to warm up to this rug. I had it hanging in the studio unfinished for months because it had so annoyed me while weaving. I have come to think of this rug as being inspired by the sea. The pattern in the previous rug had a wheat shaft look to it, whereas this rug’s pattern reminds me of seaweed.
I finished it with a folded hem.
In all, it ended up as a nice sturdy rug that will make the right person happy to walk on in its new home.
Up next: Production work